Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cohabitation

So, Oolon and I have been living together for about a month now. A lot of people have asked me how married life feels, and I haven't really had an interesting response for them. Basically, it's not all that different to unmarried life, except that I get to keep him over night!

It helps, of course, that he was staying over about two nights/week on a regular basis for most of the year leading up to the wedding and for three nights in the last month or so beforehand.

The main difference are fairly minor and come with both going from an all-female household to one that includes a male and just generally from having a third person here. For instance, there's now men's shaving gear in the bathroom. Men's underwear on the washing line. There's even more washing that needs doing on a regular basis, which is making me think that a second clothes horse might not be such a bad idea (if room can be found for it, which I haven't been able to do yet), and there are extra dishes to be done each day.

All fairly minor things which are only vaguely noticeable. And, of course, I get to keep him after dark ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment